Tuesday, August 22, 2006

all's fair in love and binders

I never thought I would be the kind of person who has a file of recipes, but some combination of a recent domestic instinct and an obsession with the magazine "real simple" has driven me to clip, fold and file. Tonight, by candlelight and guitar music from my dad on the porch swing, I devoured magazines for snippets including recipes as well as household mainainence and beauty advice and filed it neatly in a binder. I also organized my letter writing supplies and placed them in a plastic-storage clipboard for heart-outpouring emergencies.

Why? Because Artur left today, and I suddenly emerged from the fog of love and was catapulted into the world of..organizing. I don't believe they've ever been cited as antipodes, but in love and organized seem to be my two most happy and.. new states. 2006 is actually the first year I can cite being either. So my days until Thursday will be happily filled with clipping instead of kissing, folding instead of fondling, copying instead of copul.... right. Not martha stewart material, but it's my own brand of distraction. Plus, I never seem to find the time to paint my nails or fold my socks when cuddling is an option, and I hope I never do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...