Friday, April 12, 2013

Weekend Goals

I've started setting a few fun, loose goals for each weekend to keep it from slipping away into an oblivion of trying to clean up and finishing laundry. Here's what I have planned this weekend:

Image Via Design Sponge
Try my hand at embroidery. The Design Sponge Embroidery 101 has inspired me. I am thinking of grabbing some of Charlie's clothes (and maybe some of my own) and embroidering some fun phrases.

Break in the balcony. I finally spruced up our balcony. We bought giant outdoor beanbags, solar lanterns, a bright rug, and a proper wagon for our grill. So on Saturday we're having some friends over to try out the new arrangement. I am planning a Make-Your-Own Kebab station, Blood Orange Margaritas and some sort of dessert (still meditating on that one).

Not my closet. But inspiring nonetheless. Image via Real Simple
Sort out clothes. My closet is a mess. I keep putting off purging my clothes - first I wanted to wait until things went back to "normal" after having Charlie, then I wanted to wait until the summer, then the winter and... well yes. I still haven't done it. I really want to take everything out and only return a few, really good clothing items but I am terrible at getting rid of clothing. Every time I start, I try everything on and usually decide that I actually will wear that dress I have never had on/funny looking sweater/itchy shirt. Ugh. I want to try this again this weekend and see how far I get.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...