Wednesday, November 7, 2007

defrosting the refridgerator


yup, really. Our freezer and fridge are covered in a thick layer of white snow. I kept imagining hoards of frozen eskimo fruit flies in tiny fur lined parkas building mini igloos and worshipping our funsize bottle of jägermeister. But if it kept growing at the rate it was going, I wouldn't have fit our bottle of Grasovka Vodka back in their by tomorrow. So Operation Defrost took effect. I emptied the fridge and put everything in one of those handy german collapsable baskets on the balcony (see photo), opened all the fridge and freezer doors, unplugged the thing, and away we go! My boyfriend built a contraption to funnel the water out using 1) a pot 2) a shoe horn 3) duct tape. Oh those brilliant polish germans.

To celebrate, I made defrost-stirfry. I threw it all in-- frozen spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots... mmm mmm good. I had to part with my icecream, though...

1 comment:

heza said...

Funny. We have to do the same thing too. One day I said, 'oh how I miss the automatic ice maker.' But I didn't expect to scrape it from the walls.

Sorry about your ice cream!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...