Sunday, November 4, 2007

Jack Johnson and Lemon Drops


The day was actually packed quite full:

Artur went to the hairdresser and got his shoulder length hair cut off--he looks like a better version of Hugh Grant, now; then we took our recently extended U3 subway line to Olympia Einkaufszentrum to go wander around the mall and check out dishwashers; ate mall chinese and later drank an iced coffee; exchanged his pijamias for a bigger size, rode back and I blanched the veggies I bought at the farmers market, heated up the pizza leftover from visiting Sigrid, my "ex-host-mother" for him and i read the end of my book, "Drachenläufer" (The Kite Runner, in German) in sniffling tears next to him on the couch while he rubbed his chin over programming problems in his new facebook chess application.

We both drank italian red wine and were completely absorbed in our own tasks... I was in charge of the cds...travis, eros ramazzotti, bob marley, red hot chili peppers, REM, and then.. I made a batch of lemon drop martinis with the last of the lemons and the remains of the vodka from the freezer... and now we're off to bed with jack johnson strumming away in the background... good night...

3 comments:

heza said...

Hi There. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. It's always good to hear from other expats living in the neighborhood.

We met a lot of wonderful people at last night's expat blogger meet-up. There definitely will be one in Munich.. stay tuned:)

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Hi Emily, welcome to Germany! I just found you through your comment on Heza's blog. I look forward to reading about your experiences here.

Wedding Diplomat said...

yeah, keep me updated! i was happy to find your blogs too..more daily reading for me..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...